Tuesday, December 9, 2014

December News

December 8, 2014

On Monday night, we had a lesson with our recent convert and his boys. We did a "Restoration" scavenger hunt, and they loved it so much they wanted to do it again!


On Tuesday, we helped an older lady in our ward cook and clean her house. I did the cooking, and I had to cut onions. My hands smelled like onions for 3 DAYS!! We also got 1 new investigator today!

On Wednesday, we had Zone meeting. We talked a lot about Faith, and how we can help others strengthen their faith. We also had dinner at our Relief Society President's house.

On Thursday, we went on a mini exchange, and I got to meet some of the members in another ward. We also visited a few other people as well. We had dinner at a member's house, and we had Navajo tacos. They were delicious!

On Friday, we got to go to Young's Jersey Dairy with a family in our ward. We got to pet some goats, ducks, a pig, and cows. Also, Fairborn had a downtown parade/ Christmas tree lighting.

Young's Jersey Dairy
On Saturday, we went to the Family History Center by our church building, and I did some indexing. I have done exactly 6,600 names through indexing. Also, we had a lesson with an investigator of ours and she has accepted to be baptized on Dec. 27th!

Yesterday (Sunday Dec. 7th), was officially my 4th month being here in Fairborn, Ohio! One of our investigator's son's birthday was yesterday, so we celebrated with them. We got a new investigator as well! 

We watched the Christmas Devotional as well. My companion also said that she was surprised that President Monson didn't speak. We also went to the high school's Christmas concert, because one of our investigators was performing.

Transfers are this week. I am so jealous that Ashley got to do all of that! There isn't anything that I really need for Christmas. I did get the recipes you sent. I will ask if they have gotten my driving record yet. I actually knew Sister Taylor, but I don't think she remembers me. I hope that all is going well there, and that Amber can find a car soon! I will let you know whether I get transferred or not.

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful holiday season so far, and I look forward to skyping you on Christmas!! Also, next week my p-day is on Tuesday!

I love reading the scriptures that you put in my Christmas tree! It really brings the Christmas spirit into my day!

Thanksgiving in a Box and crocheted Christmas Tree from mom

Love, you favorite missionary ever!
Sister Jennifer Rose


December 1, 2014

Hey mom!

So we have had a pretty successful week this week! We got 5 new investigators and we are potentially going to get another one today.

On Tuesday, we had a training on the church Christmas initiative that is on christmas.mormon.org. Also, we had a choir practice for our mission's Christmas devotional.

On Wednesday, we helped one of our ward members make some deviled eggs and cookies for Thanksgiving. It was a lot of fun! We also helped one of our other ward members put up her Christmas tree.

On Thursday, we helped the same member as Wednesday with the rest of her cooking for Thanksgiving. She had 6 elders over at her house for Thanksgiving. Also, I cut myself on my knuckle while trying to open a can. That was fun. Luckily, I didn't cut it too bad! For Thanksgiving we went over to a ward member's house and had dinner with them and our recent convert. We also went and talked to some other ward members who didn't have family around for Thanksgiving. We also saw some of our investigators.

On Friday, we had lunch with a member and her boys. We got 2 new investigators today! YAY!! We had dinner with another family in the ward, and we had a spaghetti casserole. One of the daughters has celiac like Amber and so their food was all gluten-free. It was delicious!

On Saturday, we had a ninja turtle pizza. It had pepperoni for its mask and olives for its eyes. It was awesome! We had dinner with a member in our bishopric, and we had Frito pie. YUM!! We also got 2 new investigators today. YAY!!

Yesterday, I sang "Nearer, my God to thee" in Sacrament with a sister in the ward while Sister Glaab played the violin and another sister in the ward played the piano. It was amazing! I was scared at first but once I started singing I was fine. We also found another investigator!

Today, we went bowling as a district. It was fun!!

Transfers are not until next week, but I hope that I can stay. I love being in Fairborn. The people, and especially the members here are awesome!!! I will send the pictures next week, because the computer I am using doesn't  have an SD card slot.

I got the package on Wednesday, and I took a picture of everything that was in the box and the card.

Sounds like you had a lot of fun over this past weekend. Sad to hear that dad had to work on Thanksgiving and has to work on Christmas Eve and New Year's.

I am definitely looking forward to talking to everyone on Christmas.

I hope everyone is doing great, and look forward to hearing from everyone.

What do you think Papa would think if I got him a Christmas present? Also, your guys' Christmas won't be much, but it will be something.

Also, one of the sisters here in my zone asked if you could look for a small quad set of scriptures like I have? She will even pay for shipping.

I love and miss everyone!!!

Love always, your favorite missionary,
Sister Jennifer Rose

My District

Back Row (L to R): Elders Farr, Clark, Mariana, Atkinson, Spaulding, and Brown 
Front Row (L to R): Sisters Glaab, Rose, Meredith, and Crandall

No comments:

Post a Comment