MOTHERS NOTE:
We got to Skype with Jennifer for about 1 1/2 hours on Christmas Day. She is doing well. A little homesick I think, but over all seemed happy. We also got to meet her companion. Sister McCarty seems real nice. She did mention that she hadn't received many letters. If you have some time, drop her a note. Her address is:
2373 Roseanne Ct.
Fairborn, OH 45324
She would love to hear from everyone!
December 29, 2014
Not much has happened here either since we last talked.
On Christmas after skyping, we went to a dinner that one of the members of the bishopric did. There were 10 adults and 7 children. Then we had dinner at our Relief Society President's house and there were 7 of us there. It was all delicious food.
| My Christmas Presents |
On Friday, we had a lesson with our investigator that was on date, and we read some of the Book of Mormon with her. She loves it!
On Saturday, Sister McCarty didn't feel very well so I let her sleep. We had dinner at a semi-active lady's house.
On Sunday, Sister McCarty and I taught sharing time in Primary about the signs of the second coming. We had dinner at our bishop's house, and his kids were crazy. We watched "The Testaments" with Lyonna, and she absolutely loved it. She really wants to get baptized, but she still has some things she needs to overcome.
Today, we went to Cato's (a discount fashion store, and I bought the dress that is in the attached picture). It is super cute! We also went to Young's Dairy and got some ice cream.
So far we have caught 5 mice and we have 4 traps set up right now. One behind the fridge, one behind the stove, one in front of the dishwasher, and one next to the fridge.
I hope that this week is better than it was last week (finding new investigators-wise). I look forward to the letters and packages that you send, and try to get Amber, Ashley and Josh to write too!!!
Love you and miss you lots!!!
Love, your favorite missionary ever!
Sister Jennifer Rose
December 22, 2014
Hey! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
We will probably be calling around 2 pm my time, so noon your time. I know dad has a Skype account, any idea what the username is?
I got the package yesterday! I loved the candy (no it's not gone yet). Sister McCarty even tried some of your fudge and she loved it! The postcards are for all of you that's why there are 5 of them. I have the actual pictures of them.
Unfortunately, we have to push our investigator's date back until the new year. She is 19 and has a 3-year-old son. She loves coming to church, and she pretty much fits right in already (she answers questions in both Gospel Principles and Relief Society).Â
Sister McCarty is from South Jordan, UT. She is the youngest of 4 kids and has 3 older brothers. She has served in Delaware, Lewis Center, and a couple other places that I don't remember. We get along really well, we like to laugh a lot.
On Wednesday, we went on exchanges with the sister training leaders in Xenia. I stayed in Fairborn though. We taught Jason our recent convert (he just got the Priesthood on the 14th), and he is super excited to be able to go to the temple to do baptisms for the dead.
On Thursday, we helped a sister in our ward wrap Christmas presents. We did some tracting and I ended up handing out six "He is the Gift" cards.
On Friday, we had a lesson with our investigator who had to push back her date. We also had weekly planning, and it was pretty productive.
On Saturday, we met with Jason at the family history center and helped him start his family tree. It was awesome to see how much he already new about his family!
On Sunday, Jason helped to pass the Sacrament. I also sang in the ward choir for our ward and prelude music for the YSA ward.
On Monday, we had the Mission Christmas Devotional. It was awesome! we had a white elephant gift exchange, and I ended up with a $15 gift card to Jamba Juice, and some Dove chocolates. We also got drawstring backpacks with the mission name on it. It had some homemade cookies and white chocolate covered pretzels. Also, it had a Christmas card in it signed by the First Presidency. We had dinner with our ward mission leader and his family at Red Robin for Sister McCarty's birthday.
I look forward to talking to you in a couple days! Love you!
Love Sister Jennifer Rose
December 16, 2014
Hey!
Soooo....I didn't get transferred THIS time!
We are allowed to go to the Family History Center for about 3 hours a week.
Young's Dairy is definitely a popular spot here in Fairborn as well as the Air Force Museum.
Last Monday (8th), we did some service for a member in our ward, and we had another lesson with one of our investigators, who is on date to be baptized on the 27th of December.
Last Tuesday (9th), we had a lesson with one of our other investigators, who slowly but surely is working towards baptism. We also made cookies and Christmas crack with one of our members and her boys. It was lots of fun!
Last Wednesday (10th), was P-day and we got transfer calls, and we also helped a member put up and decorate her Christmas tree.
Last Thursday (11th), was transfers and my new companion is Sister McCarty from South Jordan, UT. She has been out for about 14 months now. I am so excited to still be in Fairborn at least for another 6 weeks!
| Sister McCarty and I - Twins by Accident! |
Last Friday (12th), we had a lesson with our slowly, but surely progressing investigator.
On Saturday (13th), we helped decorate for our ward Christmas party. We also went to a less-active member's kid's birthday party (He turned 1). We had 2 investigators at the Christmas party that night and they loved it!
On Sunday (14th), we had 3 of our investigators at church, and it was awesome! They all loved it and they want to continue to come!
Yesterday (15th), was probably the highlight of my week so far. We had the opportunity to spend the day with Elder Perkins, an Area Seventy. I learned so much from him, and was able to have some questions answered that I have had in my mind for a while now. He said that we should changed the word "meeting" into "revelatory experience", and it truly was a "revelatory experience" for me yesterday. I also loved when his wife asked us to write our own psalm.
I highly encourage that everyone do it too.
"Praise the Lord for He hath_____ and _____. The Lord, He is my ______, and I will ______."
Sincerely, your favorite missionary ever,
Sister Jennifer Rose
P.S. I am sending a package home with some of my stuff, and also Christmas presents. Each present has a sticky note on it that says who it is for. Don't open it around the others and please wrap them. Also, I thought of something I want for Christmas, new boots. I am size 10 and I want some that zip up on the side please (brown or black preferred)! I am still looking for some here, but I have had no such luck so far.
P.P.S. I am friends with Aaron Johnson (an RM from Irvine ward) on Facebook, and I was wondering if you could find out his address for me?
P.P.P.S Read 2 Timothy 1:5!
No comments:
Post a Comment